- The Pupil Premium is additional school funding paid by means of a specific grant based on school census figures for pupils registered as eligible for Free School Meals, Ever 6 (children who have been in receipt of FSM within the last 6 years), Looked After Children/Adopted children, Children whose parents are currently in the armed forces.
- The Pupil Premium funding will be used by this school to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible by ensuring that funding reaches the pupils who need it most.
Objectives for Pupil Premium at Kingsmead School
- The Pupil Premium will be used to provide additional educational support to improve the progress and to raise the standard of achievement for these pupils.
- The funding will be used to narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers.
- As far as its powers allow the school will use the additional funding to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and others.
- We will ensure that the additional funding reaches the pupils who need it most and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives.